Pages

RSS Feed

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First day as Lieutenant

The former Lieutenant, John, couldn't wait to give up his red helmet and LT shield. The position caused him a tremendous amount of stress this year, along with his financial problems and love-issues. To be honest, I don't think he fully thought the position through. I think he was more intent on wearing a red helmet than he was in managing a fire company.

Last night, he finally took the helmet and handed it over to me, making my officer status official. Within 6 hours of receiving the helmet we had 3 firecalls in town, allowing me about 4 hours sleep before work the next morning. Oh well. This should be an interesting year, looking at our increased working-fire count lately...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making Lieutnant. Very nice blog - and some great calls you get.

Post a Comment